Field Observation Information for CTE Directors
- The Field Observation is an opportunity for the CTE director or administrator (field supervisor) to spend time observing the intern teaching in the CTE classroom. The field supervisor MUST conduct the field observation as a requirement of the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC).
- If you are also your intern’s Professional Development and Appraisal System (PDAS) supervisor, contact UNT to discuss selecting a different field supervisor.
- The field supervisor observes the intern teaching a lesson for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- There will be TWO (2) completed Field Observation forms submitted each semester.
- The field supervisor records the Field Observation evaluation and verifies the intern’s 30-hour field-based experience log in Tk20.
- Contact LT-CTE@UNT.EDU to obtain a Tk20 account or provide your user information if you have an account already.
- CTE Director Video (mp4) This video is designed to show log in procedures and completion of forms in Tk20.